Saturday 6 October 2012

Andy's Reply to Shawn's E-mail Offer : Ducati Monster 795

Dear Shawn,

Thank you for your interest in my blog and your kind offer.

I must say that I am rather tempted by your offer, especially since I have always like Italian rides and the Monster being one of my fave streetfighter bikes. In fact, I was looking to purchase the ER6N (ala Monster) but switched to the ER6F pursuant to the further advices.

Yes, my ER6F is the Japan CBU version; and I have heard from my mechanic that it has lesser engine vibration compared to the CKD models, and is more "solid". To me though, I thought that the CBU and CKD are about the same; but whom am I to argue with the pros.

The Japan CBU version sold at RM45k, and I have since added aftermarket branded accessories amounting to RM10k to have an even better ride. Mine is a real ride-and-enjoy bike from the word "Go!".

Let me think about your offer. I am tempted for the Monster looks, but I also very much like my Green Hornet for the bike that it is. Thus far, my bikes have all been of Kawasaki make due to the easy maintenance and reliability of the marque.

I'll come back to you on the matter.

Thanks, mate!

Cheers,
Andy


2 comments:

  1. If you're pleased with your current ride, why take a risk with the Monster? Better enjoy a bike you really like than to be trapped in the vicious cycle of upgrading for a "better" bike, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. World Superbike Racing

    ReplyDelete