Tuesday 2 July 2013

E-mail : Offer to Purchase My Aprilia Tuono + Trade-in Aprilia RS125


I have received a few offers with regards to my Tuono from last night to this afternoon, with offers ranging from RM8k - RM11k. Some offered instalment payments, some offered swapping bikes, etc but this e-mail especially got my attention.

I have omitted the chap's surname and specific particulars to protect his privacy; but essentially his offer for my Tuono was RM10k and his RS125 that needed to be restored. He had spent RM2k on repairs but it was still not in road-worthy condition, and a subsequent telecon with him revealed that his mechanic has been ordering and swapping parts, and modifying Jap parts too for the RS125. I believe the problem with his bike was mostly due to an inexperienced mechanic rather than the bike itself.

It was a tempting offer and he has informed me over the phone that he liked to view the Tuono over the weekend, Hmmm... should I or should I not?

2 comments:

  1. i enjoy reading your bike tales. i hope you can consider getting a ktm duke 200 after this as i am using the same bike and hope to use your blog as my reference. thanx from dukey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, bike has been reserved and is going to another good home.

    ReplyDelete