Tuesday 16 July 2013

Arrow Full System Exhaust

I've got a nice room at Mandarin Oriental Hotel and the very nice staff were kind enough to arrange for this commanding view of the streets of Jakarta down there. There were fewer vehicles compared to the normal Jakarta macet that I knew pretty well, which I have no doubt was partly due the current Puasa month.

Which had me thinking about Az's earlier call.

It's going to be Lebaran soon and many bikers whom would be riding back to their hometowns were sending their cherished bikes to their trusted mechanics for servicing and tune-up for the added performance and safety. Ditto at my regular Aprilia mechanic's place.



Az gave me a heads-up that one of the bikers wanted to let go of a set of used Arrow full system exhaust for RM1,200 and checked if I was interested. If the set was still in good nick, then it would be a pretty reasonable price for a branded race-tuned exhaust system.

I told him that I would drop by to take a look one of these days when I am back in Malaysia.



I also requested that he take a look at my Silver and check the bike further, as a good chap is planning on using her for a long ride around Peninsular and I wanted to ensure that she was in the best of health. Given that he already had his hands full, he told me that he has already done so much for her and she should be in good nick.

A good mechanic is always in demand, so I tried to slot my bike in by telling him that I needed him to work on some specific matters but he was not buying it as he knew the good condition that Silver was in. As the other bikers needed their bikes for more major works and for their rides home to kampungs, I guess that it was only fair that I should take a back seat.

Az remarked that it would be a mystery if there was any further ailments after he's worked his magic on Silver (and perhaps soon to be Yellow, but even I am still left guessing on this matter as well- you know who you are whom have the answer to this ;p). And that I should get another bike to play with since I loved tinkering and improving them, and there's only mainly riding left to be done on Silver.



Little did he know that he could be so close to the truth.

Since Az has his hands full for Lebaran, I would be getting a bottle of good 2T synthetic oil to top-up by myself.

1 comment:

  1. I read from an earlier posting that you want to let go the Aprilia. I have one Kawasaki ZXR250 1998, just overhauled at RM5,300. I want to exchange my bike with yours, no need to top-up at all both parties. Can we have a deal? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete