Saturday 15 November 2014

E-mails Galore : Consider The Kawasaki Z800!

After my previous entry about my desire to get the KTM Duke 690 R, I was quite surprised to get many e-mails from readers ranging from Malaysia, US and UK; to request that I re-think about my consideration to arrive at the Kawasaki Z800 instead.

Amongst the points that were repeated in the e-mails were as per the following :

1) It's a Kwacker. So parts and reliability would be virtually bullet-proof.
2) It's an inline-four. Pair it with a nice exhaust setup and you would have an orgasmic "ear" round.
3) It's looks fast just standing still.
4) It'll crunch miles after miles with ease, and without vibrating one's bones apart.
5) It's retailing at the same price bracket as the KTM Duke 690 R in Malaysia. It will hold its value, unlike the Duke 690 R.
6) It's a no-brainer decision.
7) It's the perfect upgrade from my previous Kawasaki ER-6f, and ergonomics remained significantly similar.

Looks like I have a lot more Kwacker supporters in my readership compared to KTM supporters. Really got to put on my thinking cap then...



I also checked with an owner of a KTM Duke 690 R for his opinion on his bike, and received the following answer :


Conclusion : It may seemed that the Kawasaki Z800 would be the more sensible choice given the more modern engine configuration, easy parts availability and comparable pricing to the Duke 690 R.  Mind vs Heart... this is going to be a handful then.

1 comment:

  1. Why not get a CBR650F ABS? They're not as common as the Z800 and they look nicer IMO. IINM it's a bit less powerful, but not by much. It's also about RM10K cheaper. Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete