Sunday 17 February 2013

3 Weeks Later

There has been a few e-mails asking about Green Hornet's updates and if I have since let go of Green Hornet, which therefore resulted in the inactivity in this blog for the last few weeks. There were also a few offers on the bike still.

Well, actually, I was unable to update on this blog as I was travelling overseas for my holidays over the last few weeks. I would have liked to update any information still but lo and behold, eventhough I have good Net access while travelling, I was unable to log into this site. Ditto a few other social media sites, thanks to the Great Firewall of China.

But it has been a good break for me, and I came back to Malaysia yesterday, fully-recharged and energised.

As for the purchase offers, thank you very much but Green Hornet has been reserved by an enthusiast and fellow blog reader; and is pending the finalisation of the full sale. The earlier potential buyer had difficulties securing a personal loan to conclude the deal eventhough he paid a deposit; and the subsequent enthusiast quickly stepped in and made a similar offer. A good bike like Green Hornet truly deserves a deserving owner whom would continue to take the greatest care of this marvellous bike.

I came back last evening and after settling down, went to take a look at my cars and bike that had been left parked at their respective parking spots for a few weeks now. Given my enthusiast for my rides, the guards informed me that they have been helping me to lookout for my rides during their patrols. I sometimes give the guards treats during festive seasons or the occasional teh tarik in recognition of their hard work, and I haven't expected them to go out of their way to help; but I am glad that they did anyhow.

I had replaced a new Yuasa battery into Green Hornet before my trip; and didn't really took the bike out for a run as I had promised not to incur higher riding mileages as requested by the potential buyer. So I wasn't really sure if the new battery would be holding its charge.

I inserted the key into ignition, let the computer box checked the bike's status successfully and then pressed the starter buttion. Green Hornet fired up immediately and it was good to hear its deep, bassy rumbling through the Akrapovic exhaust. The battery had held its charge despite being not ridden on, which meant that it was a healthy battery and the new owner should have good peace of mind for another year or more.

A quick but careful soaping and wipe later, Green Hornet had the 3-week dust cleaned off from its beautiful fairings. If Green Hornet could smile, it would be beaming from face to face.


Ain't she a beauty? I am sure that the new owner would have lots of riding fun on this truly fine specimen of a bike.

For the new owner's easy point of reference, do note that the next-scheduled engine oil change is at 16,500 km. And if you are a weekend rider like myself, it would take you a rather long time to reach those numbers up there, mate :)

3 comments:

  1. Dear Andy, I got your reply already. I have seen a few but I feel the quality is somewhat lacking compared to when I saw yours. I would like to make you another offer at RM31,500, which is RM500 higher than the price you told me that the bike was reserved. Do we have a deal? Cash-ready, no bulls. You have my no, so please reply my sms or through here. Thank you for your consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you can pass my contact no to the new buyer and let him know that I am willing to offer him the extra RM500 to take-over the purchase of the bike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joshua, sorry as the bike has been reserved and I am keeping true to my part of the deal eventhough you are offering a higher purchase price. I would update the new owner on your offer though. Good luck in finding a good ride ya!

    ReplyDelete