Sunday 24 February 2013

Wallpaper : Goodbye, Green Hornet... You Would Be Missed.

All too soon, it was time to bid goodbye to Green Hornet. She would be missed for sure.

My mother-in-law knew that I loved Green Hornet to bits and volunteered to take a few pictures of me and the bike. I graciously accepted her offer.

As the new owner, Z was not well-versed with clutched bike, he asked if I could do him a favour ie to ride the bike over to his place that was some short distance from Kuala Lumpur. Rather than risked him having trouble with Green Hornet while on the first ride, I agreed to assist. It was to be my last time riding this marvellous bike, before she becomes part of another household. If you have a daughter about to be married off, you would know my feelings.

Funny thing was, I had previously sold off other bikes and cars before, and I hardly felt such a strong attachment, saved for my first car- an apple green Proton Iswara Aeroback.

My friend, W offered to accompany me in the journey to an unknown part of another town. He was to go in a Honda Insight and to carry Green Hornet's side panniers in the Insight's boots; as this would enable me and the bike to maneuver better in traffic.

It was fortunate that we did so- as there was tremendous traffic jam throughout the way from Kuala Lumpur. What was to be an hour-long journey turned much longer than expected. I wanted to deliver the bike with a full tank of petrol as a gesture of goodwill, and I had to pump just a bit more petrol in a nearby petrol station in order to still deliver the bike with a full tank of petrol.

"You're ready for the ride?"







We arrived safely, and Z invited us to have a mamak session nearby his house to catch up. The bike attracted some attention from a group of chaps seated near our bikes. I guess I would oogling at Green Hornet too if I chance upon her in future, when she's no longer my weekend ride.

Z was thrilled to bits with Green Hornet, and told us that it was the nicest ER6 that he had seen, and the engine and idling was just plain smooth compared to the rest. He really loved the growl of the Akrapovic can and all the modifications that had been tastefully-done to Green Hornet.

Well, it's up to him now to further improve on Green Hornet and to give her plenty of TLC. I wish both of them all the best and may man and bike have a great time together.

At the point of delivery, Green Hornet has the following :

1) MRA Germany windscreen (made in Germany) -RM550
2) Shogun sliders - RM500
3) Givi Italy side panniers colour-coded (made in Italy) - RM2,200
4) Givi Italy topbox colour-coded (made in Italy) - RM2,800
5) Akrapovic exhaust (made in Slovenia) - RM1,650 inc installation
6) Radiator protector - RM120
7) BMC Italy air filter (made in Italy) - RM400 inc installation
8 ) Acumen UK gear indicator (made in UK) - RM500 including installation
9) Caliper theft protector sets - RM180 including installation
10) Branded riding jacket and pants set, and matching leather gloves - RM1,000
11) BM horn - RM80
12) Sports rims reflective stickers - RM20
13) 1 new Yuasa YTX-12 battery - RM250 and 1 old YTX-12 battery 
14) Front touring pedal set - RM200
15) A full tank of RON97 petrol - RM48

As W's Insight pulled away from Green Hornet parked in the porch, I had to look away to secretly wipe off a tear.

Goodbye, Green Hornet... You would be missed.

15 comments:

  1. You must have loved the bike really a lot. Anyway, you could now look forward to getting another bike? Do let us know what do you have in mind. I am thinking of upgrading and have a Duke 690R if you are interested. Can view in Desa Sri Hartamas. Let me know if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro, need help to pass me Mr Zain contacts. this regarding those special screws for caliper. thanks.

    cawanz@yahoo.com.sg / Zero One Two 3574830

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assm, saya tengah carikan sebuah jentera ER6F dan amat berminat dengan jentera kamu. Kalau tuan barunya nak lepaskan, saya boleh beli dengan wang tunai serta-merta pada harga RM33,000. Kalau berkenan, tolong tuliskan hasrat ok di sini dan saya akan menghantar e-mail dengan nombor telpon saya. Wssm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bro awang
      If you are really keen with green hornet, please call me 0193743000

      Delete
    2. Adohai, saya baru ternampak mesej bro Zahir kat sini, terlupa pula nak cek hari tu sebelum buat downpayment kat kedai. Saya ingat mesti tak dapat motor cantik ni sebab baru saja didagangkan, jadi saya dah letak downpayment RM5,000 untuk sebuah jentera ER6F 2010 yang berharga RM30,000 kat kedai motor pada hari Jumaat. Motor tu hanya ada DNA dan Yoshi eksos aje. Saya akan cuba berbicara dengan bos motor tengok dapat bagi balik downpayment ke tidak; kalau boleh, saya akan terus panggil bro Zahir. Tunggu ye- kalau saya dapat balik, motor bro Zahir saya mahukan kalau harga masih RM33,000. Terima kasih ye.

      Delete
  4. aku berminat jugak. masa aku telpon owner dulu bulan lepas, dikatanya dah jual. nak tanya bro zahir ngapa nak lepaskan begitu cepat, ada apa-apa nak dibaiki ke? harga tunai paling rendah leh berapa. kalau bayar w/p rm10,000 lepas tu sambung bayar leh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised to learn from the readers' comments here that you're selling off Green Hornet so soon, Zahir. Searched from the Net and saw that you're looking to sell off at RM33,000 to upgrade to a maxi-scooter. Looks like you still prefer a non-clutched ride, mate.

    I'll look through my mobile to check if the previous smses from the previous fellas that offered to buy the bike previously, had been deleted or otherwise. If not, I'll send an sms to them to be in touch with you.

    Good luck on the sale, Zahir and hope you get a nice profit from the bike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a good bike and worth the premium. I saw this bike when Andy was selling it, but it was sold when I decided to increase my offer. Now I'm using the XJ6 instead, also a good bike and sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gut the Yamaha XJ6, Joshua? Yes, that's a good inline-four entry-level bike; with the right exhaust system, it's gonna sound like an F1 machine :) Good for you, mate!

      Delete
  7. Yes, i am still struggle with cluth bikes.. Maybe because i had rode maxi scooter for so long already.. More then 5 years.. Maybe i should upgrade bigger cc maxi to 500/600 next.. For those who are interested, can call me.. Price is nego.. In fact i will sell same price with my purchase price if the buyer really serious.. Green hornet is very good bike.. I had ride to most klang valley highway and it is very smooth and powerfull beause it was properly maintained by andy before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bro, I will help to spread the word around my biker communities that this famous Green Hornet is available again. Maybe you can join us for the latest convoy to Ulu Yam- Andy used to enjoy the route on Green Hornet last time. Good luck, bro.

    Btw, I also enjoy maxi scooter. I am using the Sym VTS 200 now and it is a easy and reliable scooter. Are you getting this scooter too, bro?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bro,
      when is the trip? btw, i am using sym gts 200.. it was the first model brought by mofaz from taiwan.. yes, it was quite reliable.. i;m planning to get maxsysm 600 or kymco 500 which expected to be arrive in malaysia very soon

      Delete
    2. Hi Anonymous, are you Adrian or Brian from the November convoy? Anyway, yes, please help pass the word around and get any interested parties to contact Zahir directly. Cheers.

      Delete
  9. Go straight for the Z800 bike, bro. It's faster, looks more aggressive and is an inline-four that sounds so much better. The era of ER6 has passed- now is the Z800 era. ER6 and Z750 are considered dinosaur bikes now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, to each is his own, mate. I think many would agree that the ER6 and Z750 are not considered outdated rides as yet. Z800 is a good ride though. Ride safe, mate!

      Delete