Thursday 23 August 2012

Review : Shoei RFX in Heavy Rain


I was caught in the heavy rain while on the North-South Expressway yesterday and was drenched through. It was so heavy that I could feel water seeping through my jacket and gloves after some time; and many riders had to take shelter under the overhead bridges and rest areas.

But that's not what you're reading for, ain't it? You're more interested in the performance of the Shoei in the heavy rain.

From my previous review on its usage in a light shower, you know that it performed well although there was light fogging around the chin guard area. Well, in the heavy rain, the fogging was much more severe- so much so that I have to leave the visor opened at a slight angle so that the cold air could clear the fog from time to time.

So there you have it- the Shoei is great in good weather biking but tends to get fogged in rain-time biking. Perhaps my next purchase would be a bottle of anti-fog spray to treat the visors then.

No comments:

Post a Comment