Friday 17 August 2012

Mod : Installaton of Akrapovic Titanium SS-K6SO5-TT (part 2)

It was a rainy day today but that didn't dampen my resolve to fix up the Akra after work. Thank goodness the skies cleared in time to make it easier for me to follow my initial resolve.

I told Ah Ho that I would like him to fix up the Akra just the way that it was- without the linkage pipe and spring. He was puzzled until I explained about my theory on the HTT and TT models. Thereafter, he got Sandra and Bai to help me on my exhaust. Sandra was from Myanmar and his workmanship was top-notch, plus he took the time to ensure that things were done properly all the time. Bai's slength indicated that he was from India or Bangladesh, and he was more careless and less attentive. For instance, Sandra placed the original exhaust carefully on the pavement after dismantling it; Bai just dragged it aside when he needed the space. Darn, the exhaust could be scratched by doing so, man!

Anyway, it took almost 2 hours to install the Akra properly and ensure that the FI system tuned up to the new exhaust. When I first started the bike with the Akra, the bass was there but somewhat muted. Not exactly what I had in mind. After the dB killer was removed, wow, the sound of the Akra was simply osgamic! The parallel twin engine never sounded better!

I took the opportunity to go for a nice long ride and the Green Hornet definitely was pulling faster and top speed was gaining pace very quickly. The whole characteristic of the bike has changed- it felt more urgent and was more like a litre bike. Really nice!

The sound was simply ferocious! Even cars hogging the bike lanes quickly moved away as Green Hornet approached. Previously, they wouldn't care a tuppence even if I was horning them like crazy.


The Akra was simply marvelous- and Green Hornet is simple a roaring success of a beast now!

No comments:

Post a Comment