Monday 16 July 2012

Thought : Superbike Therapy

I haven't really had much time to ride since my last posting as had been flying to and fro overseas; and the limited time that I have back home was spent with my family. Yup, a family man, you can say that again.

On Sunday, there was something bothering my mind. Nothing too serious, no; but still unsettling, yes. You know, squabbles between husband and wife. All family man gets this over time, overtime. Period.

So when I was told to run some quick errands at Mid Valley Megamall while my sonny was asleep, there was no hesitation on my part to grab the Green Hornet's keys instead of Black Bison's from the keys' cabinet. It was going to be tough getting a car parking spot at that time of the day anyway; so I figured that riding the bike made more sense.

So I got to Green Hornet, put on my full-face helmet, gloves and knee protectors; and rode on my way. The sky was a bit dark, a rain was lingering in the horizon; but to the heck with it!

And once I hit the open road, I sure felt better. The thumping of the 650cc parallel twin engine working its power between my thighs, the force of the wind against my body at 1xx kmph, the pull of the bike as it cuts between the cars.

By the time I got to Mid Valley, I sure felt better already. Superbike therapy- if everyone has access to this, there sure would be a whole less shrinks in this world, IMHO.

Oh, and for those of you whom has not parked in Mid Valley's bike park (as I previously was), the mall management prepared a separate entrance for bikes, just before the upward slope towards Cititel Hotel. And once you got into the bike parking, there were two types of parking areas ie Superbike Parking (in front) and Regular Bike Parking (at the common parking area).

Nicely-planned and thought out.

No comments:

Post a Comment