Wednesday 25 July 2012

Consider This : Shoei TRZ/TRX/RFX

It has been great doing the riding on Green Hornet; and I have a few relatives (as in cousins) avisiting from abroad and the chap seems to be a car, bike and truck lover like me too. He has been taking pictures of the nice rides and commented that the rides here seemed more varied compared to Singapore (we were there earlier the week as part of his SEA visit).

 I find myself needing another helmet- I have a pair for my spouse and myself now, and will need another for the occasional pillion riding along during these few days. Wife has a cutesy pink colour helmet, which I don't think he would be comfortable riding around wearing.


What I need is another pair of Shoei full-face- perhaps a glossy black one as opposed to the matt black one that I have now. I was thinking of getting a modular helmet initially- and I have been thinking of a Caberg Konda as these go for a song these days. You can part with RM500 for an Italian-made Konda, and still have leftover change for some nice helmet decals and a cup of coffee.


But another part of me reminded me that a real full-face helmet would have better structure rigidity than a modular full-face helmet; and not to mention much lower wind and road noise intrusion too.

Well, we are buying helmets for safety after all, right? So perhaps it'll be a better bet to get a Shoei after all. After all, these are Japan-made and used extensively in motor sports so it'll be a great choice, right?



So, here I am, waiting for delivery of my brand new Shoei TZR/TZX (also known as Shoei RFX for the Asian market) in glossy black.


This helmet sells for app RM1,100 overseas and with import taxes and courier fees, would arrive at your doorstep for app RM1,300 and comes in quite a few colours- matt black, glossy black, white, red, blue, etc. There also also TZR/TZX/RFX with race art decals- but the prices would be bumped upwards slightly.

Since this Shoei series is amongst the longest-running Shoei's bread-and-butter helmets, I am sure that there would be quite a few of readers here whom may fancy this lil' baby too. I would put on a review of this affordable Shoei in due course.

Sure, we can get local/Chinese brands eg SOL, GIM, etc for less than half of this Shoei's price; but at end of the day, we can't really put on a price for safety, isn't it?

Always remember- you are not investing towards branded biking gears for the looks; you are investing towards securing your safety!

Ride safe, guys!

2 comments:

  1. Finally there's a new entry. I have been waiting for a while for your new entry now. Keep the new postings coming, man. Can't wait to read on your Shoei TZR review- it's a good, comfortable and inexpensive helmet, and it's a Shoei so that puts a lot of assurances on its users. You can get these helmets at about AUS480 here, and they are the best-selling Shoei helmets for the masses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoei TZR/RFX : Special price ! Was AUS690, Now AUS490. Order @ http://scooterino.com.au/accessories.htm

    ReplyDelete