Saturday 3 August 2013

There's A Biker In All Of Us

I guess that there's a biker in all of us- even drivers whom look down on bikers but secretly envy and want to be a biker themselves.

Okay, so the story goes like this- I went to tapau dinner for the brood this evening. With my previous sports bike, that's not very likely. With my previous easyrider, that's against the wild macho image that the bike was going for. With my previous sports tourer, it was possible with the food safely kept in place in the panniers; but it was a hassle getting it out on the open road given its bulk and weight.

With the current streetfighter, it's as simple as A-B-C. The bike was slim and nimble enough to go between the traffic, and there was no bulky fairing to prevent you from hanging your food packages on the handlebar.

I enjoyed a fast ride over there, parked the bike and went about packing the food.

10 minutes later, I walked to my bike and there was a Chinese chap sitting there, striking different poses while his friend took pictures vide his smartphone.

I smiled and waited at the side for him to finish his session.

The chap, lets call him Ah Beng, realized that I was standing around and remarked, in a rather rude manner, "Never seen a superbike before ah?!"

I then informed him that I was waiting for him to finish taking his photos, because I wanted to ride home.

Ah Beng then realized that I had the AGV and put two and two together; and quickly got off my bike.

I never said a word and just smiled. He was clearly embarrassed.



But he had the cheek to retort, "What's so great about a stupid bike?  Maybe one day you could save enough from your petrol money to get a real sports car like mine." before walking to his Nissan (I know you're thinking that his ride could be a Gozilla or Fairlady or Silvia).

He drove away but was stuck in a traffic jam further front. I rode alongside him, smiled at him (but he can't see as I was wearing my fullface helmet) and left his Grand Livina stuck in the traffic jam still.


Deep down, Ah Beng probably wanted to get a nice bike too but his parents wouldn't let him; so he has to go around driving a family car decorated with Impul parts and pretending that its a sports car; and stopping to take photos of himself straddling nice bikes every time he sees an opportunity, and putting these pictures on his FB to impress his friends.



Indeed, there's a biker in all of us ;p

1 comment:

  1. Not every Chinese parents, allow their children to ride. I am pretty fortunate, because my parents allowed me to ride and get my B full license.

    ReplyDelete