Sunday 18 August 2013

Sun, Sea and Beach- minus a Bike!

I have been away for the last week or so, not for a biking convoy trip but for business. This time around, I was at a South Pacific island where there was sun, sea and beach aplenty; though the flying and transit vide Singapore, Australia, etc were literally a pain in the you-know-where.

While I was at the island, I was amazed that there was not one bike seen during my duration there. Yes, you read me right- not one bike. I would have thought that biking would have been the easiest way to commute in an island, especially one with good sunny weather all year round.

Which then had me thinking if Silver would kick a tantrum when I got back. Italian machines were well-known for their temperamental state of minds, if we could call them that. Owners said that it added characters to their Italian love machines, but secretly wished that the machines were as reliable as the Japanese makes. And in Silver's case, it has been more than 2 weeks since I had started and ridden her.

Because it makes no sense if you have to keep spending hard-earned monies to keep them Italian rides going, especially when it's hardly-used.

Well, I got back, luggage in tow and first thing I did was to take the lift to the carpark.

I inserted in the key, twisted the ignition and pushed the button- and voila, it came to life with not a nary of fuss. I thought for a while, then loaded all the luggages into the trunk of my Harrier parked a few steps away; and went for a quick ride around the condo premise.

It felt real good.

Now this is how it feels like to own an Italian without the apprehension of owning an Italian. One word- nice.

P/S : I rode back to the carpark and started my Harrier next. It too came to life without a fuss; but then again, for a Japanese at heart, that was only to be expected. For the Italian, it was a bonus- a well-appreciated bonus. Funny how we all tend to melt towards our Italian machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment