Thursday 30 May 2013

31/5/2013 - First ride on Silver to Office

A glorious sunny morning, good traffic due to the school holidays and I decided to switch to Silver for work, while walking to the carpark. Thank goodness I have an extra set of bike gear in my Black Bison's rear seat.

The wallet had just taken a beating as a week-long check-up with an Aprilia mechanic had many parts changed due to wear and tear, with a couple of thousand moolah exiting. And so I revved the little buzzing engine like I stole it, and boy was the bike giving me a good smile on my face.

The trick was to keep the revs high so that one could extract as much juice as possible from the engine, and the bike's smaller frame made it very suitable for maneuvering between cars. I felt like I was eighteen again. This is a simple bike, and you really have to work the gears to keep the adrenalin charging. Jolly good factor!

I'm toying with the thought of changing its front fairing and adding a belly pan from this...



to this...


Parts are plug-and-play and could be ordered online. You guys think it's an improvement in the looks' department? I've also seen pics of other owners changing the front headlight to that of streetfighters'. The below is a Singaporean biker's effort.


I saw the newer Tuono V4R at Kajang a few days back and boy, did the bug-eyed bike looked good. It looked somewhat small for a 1,000-cc bike but it should be nimble as heck, I guess.

4 comments:

  1. I saw the exact same bike passing my Versys on the NSE this morning- was that you all suited up in leather gear? Bike and rider looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very rare bike you have there. Interested to swap bike? I have a Duke 200 ABS, tukar sama tukar, no loan already. Always wanted a rare Aprilia in my koleksi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noted that there were quite a few offers on this Tuono vide this blog. I am wiling to consider a sale to free some funds for another restoration project. Please e-mail your offer to toyotaharrier240g@gmail.com. Thank you for your interests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can u give me number az aprilia workshop?waterfallmelodydream@yahoo.com

    tq very much

    ReplyDelete