Saturday 1 June 2013

1/6/2013 - Silver Undergoes Upgrade



I've made an appointment with Az to help me install the GP-style LED signal lights and load transistors that I've got to replace the Mickey Mouse ears-look-alike Aprilia stock signal lights.
 

Point to note was that you need to check with the seller if the items that you were ordering was for your specific bike- some sellers specify that their LED signal lights and load transistors were specific for Japanese bikes, so you need to get the ones that were designed for European bikes. Expect to pay RM200 for a pair of lights and resistors.

We re-positioned the front LED indicators to the lower front fairing, which in my opinion, looked better than the upper front fairing (which gave the impression of Mickey Mouse ears). The ones at the rear were slotted into its original position. Overall, I must say that the newer LED signal lights looked so much better than the original Aprilia big indicators. Plus the LEDs were much brighter and thus more visible for added safety.



I also installed the Rizoma Tomok gold-black anti-glare side mirrors from the 2013 collection, and I must say that these improved the overall looks of the bike immediately. Expect to pay RM600 for genuine ones.


I am still on the hunt for Rizoma gold handlebar caps from the same 2013 collection, but these seemed to be more elusive. Expect to par RM200 for genuine ones.

Az had some guests this afternoon so we have to continue with the works this coming Monday.


After bidding our goodbyes, I rode to KS Motorsports to install a set of twin Bosch BM horns. I have always used BM horns on my bikes and this is one upgrade that I have been waiting to install. With these horns, our presence as bikers would garner more attention from drivers when used during needful times. Expect to pay RM90 with installation charges.

A set of Progrip resin tank protector was also installed to protect the tank. Expect to pay RM90 for the protector.

Overall, 6 hours of my precious time was spent on these upgrades. But Silver definitely looked better and felt safer with these upgrades installed.

Ride safe, fellow readers!

1 comment: