Saturday 22 December 2012

Late Night Ride after Beauty and The Beast, The Musical


There has been quite a few e-mails from fellow readers asking about this blog and the updates. My apologies on the delay as I have been rather busy with work and travels; and add in the rainy season and that meant that Green Hornet has been sitting pretty a fair bit.

This bike is not Wahab's Bee but it looks just like that. I gotta check with him if he's okay with me showing his bike to the world, sans the no. plate of course.
Having said that, Green Hornet now has a Yellow Bumblebee ER-6n counterpart to accompany it in the car park now. A fellow reader here and also my neighbour, Wahab, whom has been following this blog and chatted with me at times, had been intrigued by my adventures with ER6 and had been wanting to get his hands on an ER6. He must have scoured hard at the classifieds as he got a really handsome naked ER6 that looked like it just rolled out from the showroom. It came with a radiator protector and frame sliders, and a cash price of RM27k sealed the deal and got the Bee to Wahab's name. Wahab informed me that he's got lowering kits for his bike for the added confidence of having his feet fully-planted on the ground during stops- a good idea.

 I have no doubt that he'll be upgrading his Bee with nice upgrades soon. He's already asking me about Akrapovic exhausts- although for the 2012 model, he has to get a full system instead of a slip-on as per the system I have on my bike.



And if you're getting the Akra, may I suggest that you chuck away the asthmatic air filter and get a BMC race filter to. Makes all the difference and you gonna feel your Bee leaping with its sting ready, at the pull of the throttle.


Anyway, I was out this evening for the Beauty and the Beast musical at Sunway Amphitheatre, and a jolly good show it was too. I used to catch musicals with my wife (then girlfriend) when we were working in London a couple of years ago; and since coming back to Malaysia, this is only our third musical in the last three years. This musical was a modern take on the old story, with more modern interpretations including Opal Gangnam Style, I'm Sexy and I Know It, and Ghostbuster in its performance. It was simply hilarious- and well-worth the PS1 ticket prices.



The last one that we caught in Malaysia was London the Summer Musical, and that was just alright (nothing much to shout about).


Anyway, after the musical ended at 10.30 pm, we had a late dinner at Sunway and thereafter sending my niece back to her place at Puchong before driving back to Hartamas. My wife and lil' Alex were bushed and were soon snoring gently away.

 

Me? Well, the sky's clear for the night and Green Hornet has been resting for a long while; so I took the chance to let it stretch its legs a lil' bit and went on a ride to KLIA and back. With a smooth night road and minimal traffic, it took only slightly more than an hour to have both man and machine in top form again.

 

After coming back, I dug out one of the Xena XX6 alarms that I bought a while back, to change a new battery. With so many caliper theft reportings of late, I had previously bought two for the front and rear discs; but found it a lil' troublesome to put on and off each time so the one for the rear has been kept aside after just a week or so. Wahab was telling me that he was looking for one, so I offered him mine at RM180 with a new set of Energizer Lithium battery. He agreed so I retrieved it from my storeroom earlier and changed the new battery. There was a battery provided with the alarm, but my guess was that it's more of a tester unit as the juice ran out very quickly.

Let's see if I get the chance to stretch Green Hornet's legs again later the day- if only the weather holds...

2 comments:

  1. Hi bro, can I purchase the Xena XX6 off your hands? I'll pay RM200. Went to Sentul and was quoted RM250. Decided to buy Murah online at RM220 but after payment, tah ke mana barangnya lagi? So many caliper thefts at shopping centres now, I want the Xena urgently. Can collect at your place anytime. Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari tu nampak motor bro melepasi kereta aku kat Lebuhraya Utara-Selatan. Aku pakai RX8 tapi perlahankan bagi bro lepas, justeru nampak sticker, kotakx2 ngan assessories tahu ni motor bro yang aku selalu ikut kat sini. Memang best siot!

    ReplyDelete