Monday 4 June 2012

RM36k Budget : 2012 ER-6f or 2012 Versys 650?

Question from Omar, translated to English :

Assalamualaikum, my dear friend. I am in my forties and would like to go back into the biking world. My previous biking experiences was with Yamaha 80, then Kawasaki ZZR250, then Kawasaki ZXR250, then Yamaha Virago 535, then Honda Shadow VT600 before hanging up my riding jacket and pants (not that they still fit me no more).

I stumbled upon your blog from Google and for some reasons,  your postings stirred up the biker soul in me such that I actually visited some bike shops over the weekend. I have checked out the parallel twin 650 cc engines that you wrote about; and the current CKD models are ER-6n @ RM33k, ER-6f @ RM36k and Versys 650 @ RM36k.

Between the ER-6n and ER-6f, I prefer the latter as the fairing would be more useful during long-distances riding. But the dilemma comes when choosing between the ER-6f and Versys 650. Both are retailing at the same price (difference only a few hundred RM in between them), and both looked so different.

ER-6f looked like a highway sports tourer with the boxes attached; while Versys 650 looked like an adventurous bike that could attacked the jungle trails. Given that this bike would be used for at least 5 years, what would be your recommendation please? Thanks.


  

1 comment:

  1. Do u have the reply yet? Your question give my interest and it happend to me too

    ReplyDelete