Friday 8 June 2012

Motorbike Lane

It's a Friday, so naturally traffic after working hours was a tad packed with everyone scurrying for their night of fun in downtime KL. So that translated to jam, jam and more jam on the roads of KL.

So there I was, grinning from ear to ear as I enjoyed a relatively smooth ride on the bike lane/emergency lane. Further front, bikes thereabouts had their brake lights lit.

"Uh huh, another roadblock right smack in the peak hour?", I wondered.

Well, not really. There was this gleaming Beemer 1-series in a fabulous shade of silver colour no less, driving oh-so-slowly on the bike lane. Perhaps, it has malfunctioned and needed to park on the emergency lane?



Well, again, not really. There was this chap seated smugly (or so I imagined) in there, fiddling with perhaps his smartphone or radio or whatever, driving slowly on the bike lane as it wasn't congested. The car lanes were all very much blocked.

The other bikes try to overtake from the left side, into the car lane. With my pannier boxes, it would be harder for me to cut into the jammed car lane; so I gave him a courtesy "excuse me" horn.



The insulation in his Beemer must have been real good, as he didn't hear me. I horned again, louder this time. Nothing. And again, this time in all my BM horn's glory. The driver adjacent to me in the car lane looked quizically over, thinking that I have horned him for no apparent reasons. But our Beemer chap continued pottering along.

Then came 2 big bikes behind me, and one came to my left hand side and waved me to go behind their bikes. I quickly obliged.

They then came behind this Beemer, whom suddenly had newfound respect for bikers and their lanes; and quickly try to cut into the very jam car lane.

The 2 riders got down from their rides further front and beckoned the Beemer to park behind their bike.

Oh well, I hope the Beemer chap had a good chat with his biker friends.

5 comments:

  1. Kelakar tul cara kamu tulis. Aku ingatkan ngapa kereta BMW tu kasi jalan pulak, rupa-rupanya PDRM. Padan muka dia! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some Beemer owners like to think that they own the road, thinking that they have luxury cars. Huh? Please. To drive a real car, get an Alfa Romeo. Now, that's a real car. If we Alfa Romeo drivers see bikes needing the space to pass through, we'll let the bikes pass through. If you can overtake us, that is. You don't call Alfa Romeo the Real Ultimate Driving Machine for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! Did do a slow drive by and smirk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful article, thanks for putting this together! This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here. motorcycle tours

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete