Tuesday 29 May 2012

Big Bikes mean Big Parking Spots mean Big Rental

Big bikes these days are getting bigger, wider and have more presence than their predecessors. So it ain't no surprise that they are not going to fit easily into normal bike parking spaces, which are more suitable for mopeds/ kapchais. Heck, I find that my Green Hornet with the attached side and rear panniers, would fit into my normal car parking spot with just some space to spare on all sides.

Bikes this way please...

Sometimes, the other bikes try to squeeze into the bike parking lots (Green Hornet would take up 1.5 lots by itself) and these tend to scratch against the side panniers. Then it involves polishing and TLC to remove whatever light scratches, although heavier ones would still be remaining.

Where did I park my ride, hmmm?
So what is an owner to do to protect his beloved bike? For me, that means to rent a regular car park spot at my condo to park my bike from the elements of Mother Nature as well as the scratches from the smaller bikes. So, come June 2012, that means a rental of RM200 per month to take up the rental of a car park for Green Hornet (when the Black Bison is parked in office, that is).


The things bike lovers would do for their bikes...

No comments:

Post a Comment