Thursday 24 May 2012

Aftermarket Slip-on Exhaust Mufflers

I find that the ER6 is a great ride for beginners to superbikes (although the seasoned riders had informed me that they enjoyed this versatile pocket rocket too- and in a way, the ER6 is not too damaging to one's pockets as opposed to the TLC as required by other superbikes ;p); but the exhaust notes were found to be slightly wanting.



Well, I have been perusing some after-market mufflers for the ER6 and Versys; amongst them including AHM, Akrapovic, Arrow, Leo Vince, Scorpion, Termignoni, Two Brothers, and Yoshimura. And the one that catches my fancy the most is the Yoshimura system, specifically the carbon fiber muffler. Check out the video on the exhaust notes rendered!


A fellow superbike rider, whom currently uses a stock Ducati Multistrada, has however cautioned me that the bassy exhausts would be more draining to the rider if one rides long-distances. He knows his stuff- having had his previous Ducati Monster 900 with a set of Termignoni exhausts; so I am more mindful of the consideration towards the proposed Yoshimura exhaust system now.

Comments, anyone..?

1 comment:

  1. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post. I will visit your blog regularly for Some latest post. motorcycle tours india

    ReplyDelete