Tuesday 22 October 2013

Goodbye, Benelli Keeway TX200G Motard aka Bumblebee.

 
 

Well, the advert on Bumblebee was posted on 18th October 2013 and e-mails started to come in for appointments on its viewing. As I was travelling between 20th - 22nd October 2013, I arranged for 4 interested parties to view the bike on 19th October 2013.

The first 2 chaps took a liking to the bike immediately after the viewing and test-riding at Solaris Mont Kiara, but they requested between 2-4 weeks to raise the cash with offers to place a deposit immediately. I politely declined as I preferred a first come first serve basis. They promised to get back to me as soon as they could raise the RM6,000 that I had asked for the said bike.

The latter 2 chaps had to postpone their viewing and test-riding as it was raining in the afternoon. One of them was a very polite chap by the name of Raymond.

Well, Raymond got in touch with me today and requested to purchase the bike straightaway. I was on annual leave due to family matters and therefore, arranged a short trip to JPJ to meet up with him for the sales and transfer of ownership.

On my way there, another chap called me to confirm the bike but I told him that it has already been reserved. He then offered me a higher price at RM6,100 but I politely declined as I had promised Raymond on the sale of the bike; and he increased again and again until at RM6,500, he understood that I meant my word and that the bike was really sold. I explained that had he confirmed on the bike the other day, or at least prior to Raymond's confirmation, I would be able to sell to him even at my earlier asking price of RM6,000.

To cut a long story short, Raymond collected HIS bike and was pleased as a punch. Last I heard, he would be shipping the bike to Keningau, Sabah for plantation runs. I waved goodbye as he rode the bike off into the sunset, figuratively speaking.

Goodbye, Bumblebee... It's been nice working on you.

9 comments:

  1. Kalau berminat, boleh kontak saya :
    http://www.mudah.my/Keeway+TX200G-23831047.htm

    Moto baru 6 bulan. Diservis kat SC Jln Ipoh. Batuan skrg 7k+ km. Kos setakat ini :

    Moto baru - RM7,500
    Eksos ori LeoVince - RM1,300
    Handguard Acerbis kiri kanan - RM550
    Jetting karburetor - RM150
    Helm motard Acerbis - RM300

    Nak jual pada RM7,300 aje. Memang berbaloi dari beli baru. Percuma helm motard Acerbis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that the TX200G motard is quite popular these days. With your mods, I dare say that you should be able to find a buyer soon; although I would refrain from commenting on the price. Willing buyer, willing seller, mate.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Andy, for the bike. Thank you for the help on the transfer, it was a very smooth dealing and thank you for the magnificent out come. I made it home, wet as it rained when I almost reached my home. My first impression of the bike is that it's light, easy to handle and quite lively. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Raymond, sorry to hear that you got wet from the rain during the ride home but it's all part and parcel of the riding experiences. It was great dealing with you too and I hope that you have lots of fun with Bumblebee at your plantation hereafter. Do take good care of the motard, ya!

      Delete
  3. You should have taken my higher offer. Cash is king what? Raymondetc only pay you six thousand and you sale, what the fuck man? I give more, you said no. Hard to understand you really. But I already got another TX200 at seven thousand and got free helmet somemore. Your loss is another seller's gain, man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have just deleted your comments, but then I thought, "Okay, lets humour you somewhat". You saw the bike, you liked the bike but you needed 4 weeks to raise the cash. I already explained that I wanted a clear cut sale so the first to pay the full sum gets the bike. I declined taking your RM500 deposit so that I have no obligations towards you. Raymond decided to buy the bike and he promised to pay the full sum upon the ownership transfer. When you called, I was on the way to JPJ. If you were Raymond, and you were waiting excitedly at JPJ for your new bike, and you got a call from the seller that he had decided not to honour the verbal deal and instead wanted to sell to someone else just because he was getting an extra RM500 and that all your time waiting was in vain, how would you feel? We must be fair in life- it's not just about monies and cents. Sense matters too, Wong.

      Delete
    2. Wong, wtf to you too man, although I dont know you personally, but you deserve it. Life is not just for money, kid.
      I'm a biker for so long and i have traded bikes many times, both with personal buyer/seller and bike shops. Everytime I sold my bike, shit like this happened, always someone is begging to hold the bike for a couple of weeks to raise the cash. If you dont have the cash, dont show, kid, it's as easy as that.
      And it's up to the seller to be the MAN and keep his promise to other buyer who is more serious. Some sellers do like to sell based on first come first basis, and some sellers like to wait for a higher bidder, it's up to you to follow the rules, kid. And if you dont like the rules, there are always hundreds and thousands of other bikes out there to choose from.
      Grow up, kid, be a man with dignity.

      Delete
  4. Hi Andy, u have a very nice post about BK TX200G..after i read ur experience, u made me rethink to buy this motard. Can i ask u, have u manage to increase it top speed after u change the exhaust?

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI :)

    I've read your review about benelli keeway tx200g, but i want to ask some more questions if you dont mind..

    - how is the top speed of the motard? and hv you tried it with gps?
    - is it comfortable enough for long distance riding?

    thanks for your input :)

    ReplyDelete